- What do I need to get a Library Card?
Click here to learn more.
- How much is a library card?
Your first library card is free. There is a $5.00 charge for replacements.
- Can my child have a library card?
Yes, the Burnet County Library system does not have a stipulated age requirement for a child to have a card. It is at the parent/legal guardian's discretion. Click here for more information.
- Can I use a credit card to pay my fines?
Yes, we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover. There will be a minimum of $1.00 convenience fee. Transactions may be made in person or over the phone.
- What is my pin number or password?
Your default pin number is the last four digits of your library card number.
- How long do items check out for?
Everything checks out for 2 weeks (14 days).
- How can I renew my items?
Items can be renewed in the library, online, or over the phone with your library card. Books and Audiobooks can be renewed twice. Dvd's, Magazines, and Music CD's cannot be renewed. Items that are on hold for another patron cannot be renewed.
- How many items can I check out?
New account holders may check out 2 items. After those have been returned you may have up to 30 items on your card.
- Can I return a Herman Brown item to the Bertram, Marble Falls or Oakalla branch?
Yes! You can return any item from any Burnet County Library branch to any Burnet County Library branch.
- Do I have to have a library card to use the Library?
No, please feel free to hang out in the library and read. Herman Brown Free Library offers honor books, puzzles and magazines that anyone can take home. Let a staff member know how many you have taken for statistic purposes.
- Do you have computers the public can use?
Public computers and WIFI are available to Burnet County Library card holders and patron's with an ATI (Adult Temporary Internet) account. Click here to learn more.
- Will my information be saved on the public computers?
Your information and website history will be erased when your session ends. If you need to save a document, we recommend that you email it to yourself or bring a USB Thumb drive.